Network Implementation Developer, Google Global Networking
- Experience with Network infrastructure, Rack and Stack, device commissioning, and Quality Acceptance Control (QAC).
- Experience planning and leading network deployments, creating deployment packages, method of procedures, network deployment infrastructure, fiber optics networks/transport and routing/switching.
- Experience coordinating/leading field operation technicians/developers, contractors or vendors in a telco working environment.
- Experience with network deployment.
- Experience collaborating across multiple levels and functions.
- Ability to influence tactical and strategic decision-making.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As a Network Deployment developer, you will work with Network specialist and developer, Design developers, Infrastructure developers, Field developers, Strategic Negotiators and Technical Project Managers within Google, as well as construction and telecommunications Vendors and Contractors. You will build the most reliable, cost-effective and scalable optical transport network to support users globally.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage vendor technicians for rack, stack and installation of networking equipment, as well as commission, test and turn up network devices and optical transport equipment in new and existing network nodes across Google global network.
- Work with neutral co-location providers, co-location Infrastructure developers and Google Security team to ensure the health and safety environment.
- Generate and update Documentation Implementation Plans (DPKs) while providing technical leadership and guidance during deployment activities, as well as updating and maintaining network data, drawings, rack elevations and floorplans.
- Work closely with project management, network developing and partner teams to identify in advance potential problems in network installations, including in the areas of facility power (AC/DC), cooling, security/access, rack layout and cable management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.