Technical Program Manager, Nest Partner Engineering (English, Mandarin)
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management for software development.
- Experience with program management, leading cross-functional projects, and aligning stakeholders.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently.
- Experience with program management for large/complex projects that span multiple teams in geographically disparate locations and time zones.
- Experience operating and problem-solving within complex tech stacks.
- Experience leading complex cross-functional initiatives and ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the product development life cycle and experience owning the launch process of developer tools, sample apps, and codelabs.
- Ability to dive into code base and offer inputs/improvements in partnership with Engineering and Product Management personnel, and the ability to exercise technical judgment when working with engineers.
- Excellent technical skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will work on scaling Google Nest business into new countries and carrier channels, establishing strategic technical and product relationships with partners globally, helping prioritize our engineering efforts on critical areas, and identifying opportunities for technology differentiation. You'll help get our products ready for commercial deployment and continuous landing.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver excellent product and partner launches on Nest’s current and forthcoming portfolio of products.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and UX-designers/researchers, manage timeline and deliverables, and be responsible for developer tools launch process.
- Innovative thought process to recommend solutions that will help improve evolving workflows, advance operations maturity, and prepare for scaling.
- Ensure programs are on track and own status trackers, communications, and tools to support all programs.
- Develop end-to-end launch schedules, track key milestones, and create contingency plans for high-risk deliverables.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?