Android Security Operations Analyst, Trust and Safety
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Kirkland, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in developer support, policy enforcement, security programs, operations consulting, security research/analysis, malware analysis, or abuse detection.
- Ability to lead stakeholders and drive consensus across all experience levels.
- Ability to work well in complex, fast-paced environments.
- Ability to take initiative and work to build more effective/efficient security operations function.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams, including with executive stakeholders.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including working weekends, holidays, and on shift-based schedules as needed to support incidents and escalations.
About the job
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $153,000-$234,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage sensitive security workflows.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Legal, Communications, PR, Trust and Safety (T&S) teams, Engineering teams, and Public Policy to resolve security issues/escalations. Build close relationships with T&S teams covering different Google products, including regular syncs to understand latest security trends.
- Lead cross-functional response to particularly sensitive, high priority threats, including sending executive communications, leading meetings with executive stakeholders, driving towards decision-making across teams, and centralizing information from different sources
- Assist in conducting post-mortems and incident reviews to capture lessons-learned and needed improvements to existing policy or enforcement processes. Manage multiple interdependent projects of moderate-high complexity and scope.
- Review or be exposed to sensitive content as part of core role. Participate in on call rotation to manage high priority escalations.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.