Strategic Partnership Manager, Hardware Partnerships (English, Japanese)
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in the mobile industry across mobile devices, mobile operators, or related start-ups.
- Experience with business-to-business, business-to-consumer, sales operation, sales planning, partnership, account management, and relationship management.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently.
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Experience in partner development and management activities.
- Ability to interpret legal documents, local context and work with attorneys on specific agreement language.
- Ability to plan and manage strategic and operational levels in mobile network companies.
- Excellent communication, consultation, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to represent companies in discussions and structure terms.
About the job
As a Strategic Partnership Manager, you will be responsible for leading the distribution of Google branded hardware and managing partnerships with consumer electronics retailers and distributors covering developing channel strategy and consulting on commercial terms, marketing and merchandising. You will work cross-functionally with Hardware Product, Engineering, Marketing, Retail Marketing, Retail Operations, Logistics and Support teams locally and regionally on new initiatives and key strategic projects.
The Hardware Partnerships team was formed with the purpose of bringing the best of Google’s software and hardware to our users by bringing to market and distributing a Google-branded hardware portfolio. The team is responsible for managing all partnerships with carriers, retailers and resellers worldwide. This includes the partnerships for products such as Pixel, Daydream View, Google Wifi, Google Nest Thermostat, Chromecast Ultra and Google Home.
- Collaborate with the team to achieve quarterly and annual goals and market share goals through the execution of product launches, promotional planning, forecasting accuracy and partner negotiations.
- Lead promotion and execution planning with Telco and franchisees, optimizing supply allocation across the Telco’s regional branches/franchisees to deliver the projected business.
- Drive business and partnership initiatives such as launch campaigns and Google ecosystem.
- Help resolve partner issues and inquiries with multiple approaches to reach an optimal solution.
- Establish relationships with partners from working level to executive level in order to contribute to the partner’s business through delivering the hardware and software as a solution.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?