Finance Director, Core
Applications will be accepted through May 23, 2023.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of technical experience in supply chain/manufacturing and operations finance.
- Experience helping the business define strategy and influencing executive-level decision makers.
- Experience driving organizational development.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- Experience in thought leadership and execution in hiring and growing high-performing teams.
- Ability to scalable innovative solutions.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex operational initiatives.
- Ability to take initiative, motivate others, set objectives, lead by influence, and drive to results.
- Excellent business partnership, organizational, strategic, communication, and operational skills, with excellent attention to detail and business judgement.
About the job
The Core Finance team has the mission to “Make Google work better, for everyone, and at scale.” Here in Core Finance our mission is to help Core and Google make Tech investment decisions.
In this role, you will support the Core Systems and Process central team and be a collaborator with Finance, Product, and Engineering teams in Core and across Google.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $235,000-$346,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and insight into executive-level decision-making through analytical insight into core business decisions.
- Partner with the business to evaluate the productivity of business operations and proactively identify areas for process improvement, and drive actionable analyses and recommendations for cost reduction opportunities and investment prioritization, resource optimization, and efficiency improvements.
- Oversee all aspects of the Core annual, quarterly, and monthly planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes, and create and cultivate financial discipline to ensure delivery against budgets.
- Maintain an effective internal control environment and identify potential areas of business risk and drive risk mitigation plans.
- Manage and develop a team of dedicated professionals, and drive professional development of the team members by utilizing effective goal setting and providing significant opportunities and mentoring on critical competencies and how to effectively support executive business partners.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?