Senior Technical Program Manager, Facility Construction and Infrastructure
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Reston, VA, USA; Thornton, CO, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in program management, leading cross-functional projects/programs.
- 8 years of experience in technical program management, or other relevant field.
- Experience in building construction management, working on evaluating data center infrastructure, and designing cages and associated infrastructure.
- Ability to solve complex challenges with a data-driven, analytical approach.
- Solid financial, organizational, multitasking, and prioritization skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Understand building/facility construction and contractor management, and space and power management for colocation environments.
- Communicate with partners along with internal business owners to collect drivers and deadlines for delivering colocation space and associated infrastructure.
- Draft SOW design/engineering drawing sets.
- Evaluate colocation facilities to ensure they meet internal reliability requirements. Design spaces that meet today's needs along with maintaining flexibility for the future.
- Create high-level project plans that identify resource needs and critical paths. Review proposals, costs, and submittals related to the build of the colocation spaces.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?