Customer Solutions Developer, Google Flights
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in coding (e.g., Python, Scala, Java, Go, or similar) with data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with SQL/MySQL and Unix/Linux operating systems and commands.
- Experience with troubleshooting in a technical support capacity.
- Experience navigating business organizations, managing multiple cross-functional stakeholders, and reaching optimal solutions across all associated parties.
- Experience in Flights domain, or an enthusiasm and willingness to quickly learn the domain.
- Ability to deliver messages to the audience and present technical materials to groups of any background.
- Ability to self-initiate and work independently in a fast- changing environment.
About the job
In this role, you will help drive the strategy for supporting most strategic airline industry partners. You will leverage technical and people management skills to find the ways to balance business needs with technical constraints to develop solutions, lead implementation reviews, lead new product features, and help define partner support road-map. You will implement and support customer integrations, and technical projects, including coding and integration of partner platforms. You will support and lead new implementations, work with partners, and improve product capabilities. You will support cross functional initiatives, engaging with Product Management and Developers.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Develop familiarity with the flights industry and domain knowledge.
- Define product requirements and collaborate cross functionally to develop them. Leverage implementation and standards for Partner solutions.
- Implement efficient solutions to technical problems for customers, including design, coding, and deployment. Participate as an escalation point for an on-call support rotation.
- Work with Flights Solutions Consultants to understand customer business needs. Identify opportunities to improve ability to scale and improve processes, and develop tools and utilities.
- Build, test, and maintain integration code for Google Flight Search. Troubleshoot issues with code and integration.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.