Display Electrical Engineer, Devices and Services
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with LCD/OLED/Touch Display Module Systems Integration, or DDIC/TDDI/Tcon ICs.
- Experience with interfaces (e.g., MIPI, eDP, SPI and I2C), and board CAD tools (e.g., Cadence Concept, Allegro).
- Experience with design and validation of display driver Integrated Circuit (IC), Tcon, or similar graphics silicon.
- Experience scripting in C, C++, Java, Linux, or Python.
- Knowledge of SoC, memories, power supply, sensors, and analog design.
- Knowledge of Linux, Android, and Chrome OS environments.
- Knowledge of data analysis and programming.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a Display Electrical Engineer, you will design the best Electrical Engineering (EE) solutions for Tablet and Nest applications. You will work with system EE and Software teams closely to bring up the systems, and will serve as a focal point cross-functionally to ensure the robustness and integrity.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Work on display EE design, specification, evaluation, and debug of portable computers from concept to mass production.
- Work on engineering problems by crafting schematics, selecting components, directing layouts, and bringing-up/debugging circuits.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Hardware Engineering (systems design, display optical, touch, testing, reliability, etc.), and Supply Chain to reach a successful productization.
- Work with external material/component/equipment partners as primary display Electrical Engineering window to solve critical issues and to access the latest technologies.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?