Customer Engineer, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Detroit, MI, USA.
Remote location(s): Michigan, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: cloud migration, disaster recovery, application/servers assessment, or discovery.
- Experience as a technical customer engineer in a cloud computing environment or customer-facing role.
- Experience in networking areas (e.g., Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, and virtual private networks and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies).
- Experience with data center architectures and components.
- Experience with public cloud platforms, including infrastructure and storage.
- Experience with Linux system administration or Enterprise.
- Experience with deployment methodologies and technologies (e.g., CI/CD, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience in advanced security (e.g., Authentication Protocols, Identity and Access Management Systems, etc.).
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. In this role, you will help customers and partners understand Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks. You will actively identify customer opportunities and engage them to help them to understand what Google Cloud can solve.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$213,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with solutions leveraging a sophisticated set of technical competencies.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Own and develop the relationship with customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend migration strategies, enterprise architectures, migration tools, and cloud infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?