Senior Technical Program Manager, Google Pixel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in program management.
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction.
- 6 years of experience in software development or software testing.
- Experience in product launches or software release management.
- Passion for product excellence.
- Excellent attention to detail and people management skills.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s software and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams across Google Pixel and Android organizations to identify goals, track progress and manage risks to ensure products launches.
- Act as a mentor to more team members and develop process improvements to scale programs and improve productivity.
- Lead Pixel device software test programs and provide clear data-driven status and communication to stakeholders and leadership.
- Work with and lead teams of test and software engineers to develop comprehensive test programs for new product releases, including any required test infrastructure.
- Use technical acumen and leadership to grow our automation test suites, increasing test coverage and efficiency.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.