Materials Manager, New Product Introduction
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Thailand.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in NPI supply chain management within a functional role in supply planning, fulfillment, operations management, inventory management, and procurement.
- 5 years of experience in the development and implementation of Supply Chain Planning systems and processes.
- Experience in spreadsheet software.
- Ability to work across multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication, people management, and problem-solving skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work directly with contract manufacturers and key suppliers to ensure material management, procurement, clear to build, production scheduling, and capacity meet of Google’s New Product Introduction (NPI) build plans requirements.
- Act as the focal point for root causing the material shortage and procurement issues, including leading shortage root cause identification and escalations with the contract manufacturers.
- Provide product costing details for all NPI builds and ensuring adherence to communicated cost and supplier split, while driving material management and procurement process improvements and reporting standardization.
- Manage and provide guidance to APAC-based contract manufacturers' material management related performances to ensure continuity of supply and efficient communication with NPI Supply Chain Program Management (SCPM) team.
- Drive inventory management to meet targeted service levels and turns. Act as the focal point of buffer strategy implementation and shortage escalation.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?