Audio Embedded Engineer, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Master's degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, Acoustics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in audio algorithm design.
- Experience with algorithm design including Finite Impulse Response/Infinite Impulse Response filter design, or adaptive filtering.
- Experience in embedded software optimization using SIMD/VLIW instruction as well as audio processing such as multiband limiter/compressor.
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Acoustics, or a related field.
- Experience in pre-processing such as echo cancellation and beamforming.
- Experience in speech processing such as noise suppression and automatic gain control.
- Experience in integrating audio/speech codecs such as Opus and Speex.
- Experience in shipped products with integrated voice and audio features.
- Experience in audio/speech related machine learning algorithm development.
About the job
As an Audio Embedded Engineer at Google Nest, you will be responsible for algorithm development for speaker playback, Assistant and Telephony use cases across multiple Nest product lines. You will innovate, execute, and validate audio pipelines through both offline simulation and real-time on-device hardware. You will be interacting with partner teams such as research and ecosystem teams to design and modify the algorithms and software layers to impact the upcoming Google audio technology roadmap across the smart home ecosystem.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Lead digital audio system flow and design.
- Owner of embedded systems programming including ARM Cortex-M and Tensilica HiFi DSP.
- Contribute to real-time signal processing in Android audio HAL for audio input/output. Contribute to audio and speech algorithms development process.
- Contribute to rapid prototyping to end-to-end delivery for audio features.
- Collaboration with TensorFlow team and deployment.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?