Technical Program Manager II, Consumer Health Research, Fitbit
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in program or project management.
- 2 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience in consumer health research, products, or services.
- Master's degree in technical field.
- Experience with the healthcare industry and human subjects research.
- Experience or knowledge in Machine Learning or consumer hardware.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a data driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Consumer Health Research team’s mission is to help people understand and improve their health. We are a translational research organization focused on developing new sensing technologies, discovering new insights, and driving durable behavior change across a wide variety of Google surfaces. We seek to impact the lives of as broad a population as possible, whether they are sick or healthy, and hold to core principles of health equity and scientific accuracy. Our team is an interdisciplinary group of engineers and researchers whose expertise spans domains from hardware to AI to physiology.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$172,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with Google technical staff to develop and track milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
- Manage cross-functional and partner relationships to enable efficient team execution.
- Develop plans and schedules, with well-defined milestones and OKRs.
- Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external to the team (customers, partners, etc.). Escalate issues as necessary and drive the resolution of escalations.
- Develop tools and processes to improve research quality and productivity.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?