Semiconductor Supplier Quality Engineer, Google Cloud
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or an Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in semiconductor manufacturing, product, or test engineering.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in quality, reliability, or semiconductor IC technology.
- Experience working with vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Experience auditing for quality management systems, assembly, or test.
- Knowledge of semiconductor device physics, Bipolar-CMOS-DMOS (BCD), and CMOS Planar Technology.
About the job
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Set and manage the quality and reliability standards for a wide range of semiconductor components (e.g., Power IC, Discrete, Custom ASIC, etc.).
- Improve the quality of semiconductor components during new product introduction (NPI) and maintain it throughout its life cycle.
- Monitor commodity failure trends and drive root cause and corrective action with suppliers. Collaborate with vendors and contract manufacturers, execute return material authorizations, failure analysis, and corrective actions.
- Manage the tools and techniques used to assess product quality and reliability (e.g., HTOL, bHAST, etc.).
- Lead the audits of critical suppliers (e.g., quality management systems, assembly, and test).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?