Technical Solution Architect, Public Sector
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Reston, VA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Data Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with containerization and Kubernetes in architecting and developing technical solutions for Google Cloud customers.
- Active US Government TS/SCI clearance.
- Full-stack development experience with visible artifacts on a public site.
- Experience in co-creating and ensuring delivery against Google Cloud solution roadmaps with customers or partners at the Director level.
- Experience creating or supporting AI-ML solutions, specifically computer vision, speech recognition, and translation.
- Experience creating and supporting database solutions, specifically Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Experience applying technology to solve business problems.
- Team-oriented with ability to function across a large organization for the benefit of customers’ digital transformation.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You listen to the customer and swiftly problem-solve technical issues to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Cloud business and helping companies around the world innovate.
In this role, you will create repeatable, scalable patterns that public sector customers can easily deploy based on Google Cloud services, open source software, plus your own code. You will provide independent advice and recommendations to end users, decision-makers, and partners. You will contribute to and lead projects, helping solve problems that span code, infrastructure, integration, strategy, delivery, and operations.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $140,000-$209,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Identify Google Cloud related design, development, deployment friction points, and technical/integration requirements unique to discrete public sector/federal entities. Lead teams to work through challenges.
- Deliver proofs-of-concept that customers can test, validate, and deploy as they make investment decisions and migrate data into Google Cloud and Google Distributed Cloud Hosted.
- Execute an end-to-end lifecycle of planning, designing, and deploying a solution through software development and integration, ongoing communications, stakeholder management, and project management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?