Senior Systems Engineer, Fitbit
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- 3 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience with data analysis using tools (e.g., Python, MATLAB, R, JMP, Minitab).
- Experience with battery powered Android based devices, using ADB to interface to a device and the power data available within the linux filesystem.
- Experience using hardware measurement equipment such as power analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and software debug tools.
- Experience with mobile or system architecture, and knowledge of the power impact of different components in the system.
About the job
The Fitbit Platform and Performance group supports the design and development of the Fitbit devices by designing platforms that future products will be built from. Our team defines and selects critical components such as SOC, AP, MCU and Memory, and delivers a performance optimized platform to meet product requirements. In this role, you will support the design and development of Fitbit devices. Our team owns SOC, AP, MCU and Memory selection as well as building the platform future products will be built from. You will work cross-functionally with other engineering groups, and work in small teams that solve a variety of exciting technical challenges.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $157,000-$235,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design, develop, and drive embedded system designs to help create the next generation platforms future fitness devices will be built from.
- Work with vendors to define architecture requirements for critical components such as SoC/AP/MCU and memory.
- Interface with program teams and PMs to understand the product/program requirement and translate it to a system architecture which supports current and future product roadmap needs.
- Interface with electrical engineering and embedded software development teams to analyze software impact of component selection, SoC selection, memory configuration, sensor and display selection, wireless communication interfaces, schematic reviews, etc.
- Create system specification documentation that translates the PRD requirements to a systems requirement specification (define pin muxing, define power/clock configuration, define sleep states and transition between different sleep states, provide a system level block diagrams, etc.).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?