Network Engineer, Corporate Network Deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with network equipment providers.
- Experience with fundamental networking technologies and protocols (Automated Rack Placement, Ethernet, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), IPSec, GRE, WiFi standards, routing protocols, Domain Name System (DNS), RADIUS, 802.1x).
- Experience with C, C++, Go, or Python.
- Experience in deploying and working with Local Area Networks (LANs), Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), and Wide Area Networks (WANs).
- Experience in developing networking products, technologies, software, and protocols.
- Experience with enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and systematic problem-solving skills.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Design, publish, and present network architectures, contributing to team roadmaps.
- Develop software integrations for new architectures, and repair workflows and device configuration generation.
- Develop pairwise integration tests, develop large-scale solutions, and run-scale tests.
- Publish feature and scale requirements and contribute to life-cycle plans of record.
- Perform network-wide rollouts and manage escalations from our partner Site Reliability Engineering teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?