Senior Image Processing Algorithm Engineer, Silicon
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in hardware engineering, ISP/DPU design, and imaging feature development.
- Experience programming in C/C++ or Python.
- Experience in ISP/DPU image and signal processing. Experience in conventional image processing or machine learning based image processing.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in tone mapping, HDR, or color management, and accessing visual quality using objective metrics and subjective techniques.
- Experience in algorithm and silicon design trade-off analysis.
Understanding of the human visual system and color science.
- Understanding of the human visual system and color science.
- Familiarity with ISP/DPU algorithms and architecture on SoC.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a Senior Image Processing Algorithm Engineer, you will develop algorithms and hardware architectures for hardware-accelerated image and video processing applications. You will work on topics that span areas of image processing, digital imaging, computer vision, computational photography, and machine intelligence. You will invent algorithms, develop architectural C-models, and specify architectures for future generation products. You will also collaborate with Software and Hardware Architects to explore, build, and test the best hardware architectures to process images and videos for applications including digital photography and machine intelligence.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Research and develop exceptional image processing and machine learning algorithms for camera/display imaging use cases.
- Explore and identify a technical direction for new imaging experiences and architecture.
- Construct specifications of proposed algorithms.
- Work closely with architects, research, image quality, and software teams to identify and develop new algorithms for hardware ISP/DPU.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?