Data Center Security Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience conducting investigations including criminal, human resources, and safety incidents.
- 3 years of experience working on active construction sites and providing safety/security countermeasures.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP), or other relevant industry certification.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment dependent on systems and technology.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
About the job
Security is at the core of Google's design and development process: it is built into the DNA of our products. The same is true of our offices. You're an expert who shares our seriousness about security and our commitment to confidentiality. You'll collaborate with our Facilities Management team to create innovative security strategies, investigate breaches and create risk assessment plans for the future. You believe that providing effective security doesn't come at the expense of customer service - you will be our bodyguard (and our long lost pal).
As a Data Center Security Manager, you will be responsible for managing security vendors and budgeting for security services on location. You will collaborate with other Google business units to implement security policy, investigate violations, and resolve security concerns at our Data Centers. You will manage active security incidents, respond to all critical events, and liaise with public safety.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our software developers, developers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop and implement corporate security standards, policies, and practices to make continual improvements and increase the effectiveness of the security program.
- Conduct awareness training, risk assessments, and monitor local and regional issues.
- Review, audit, and enforce security design elements for all new data center construction on location and partner closely with and offer guidance and consultation to Facility and Operations Management. Liaise with public safety to ensure strong community relations and training collaborations.
- Oversee management of vendors providing security guard staffing and manage the budget for all security services on location. Assist in coordination of security services to support planned and unplanned operations.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?