Senior System Software Engineer, Silicon
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience coding with a general purpose programming language (e.g. C/C++).
- 5 years of experience managing technical projects and developing software.
- Experience developing android tests and applications.
- Experience bringing new ideas to solve/improve given problems.
- Experience building embedded system software stack.
- Understanding of android software and hardware architectures.
- Understanding of SoC Architecture.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Build prototype/production software across the android stack including kernel, BSP, framework, and application to prove the feasibility of designs.
- Build prototype/production software for embedded software stacks running inside Google’s SoCs.
- Contribute to the software and hardware architecture designs for Google’s future SoCs and software features.
- Collaborate across organizations and teams to move the architecture design into production.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?