Software Engineer, Embedded System, Pixel BSP
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan; Taoyuan, Taoyuan District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan; Zhubei, Zhubei City, Hsinchu County, Taiwan; Banqiao District, New Taipei City, Taiwan.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience working with software development in C/C++.
- Experience in development, testing, and deployment of Android BSP.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience with developing, testing, and deployment of Android BSP, Linux device drivers, and Linux kernel modules.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Google Pixel team has designed and built premium mobile devices and services that showcase the potential of the Android platform.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Plan, develop, and manage the productive software codebase and infrastructure to accommodate the various Pixel devices.
- Engage and integrate the Android and Kernel features to Pixel devices for customers.
- Develop tools to optimize Pixel Codebase management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?