Customer Engineer, Networking, Google Cloud (Korean, English)
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in sales engineering or a customer-facing role.
- Experience with networking, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration, load balancing, DNS, virtual private servers, application in Platform-as-a-Service, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies.
- Ability to speak and write in Korean and English fluently.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience designing and developing software or infrastructure for scalable and secure distributed systems.
- Experience with cloud computing concepts (e.g., IaaS, or PaaS technologies).
- Knowledge of service providers and data center routing.
- Ability to learn, understand, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud or IT technology space.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work as a networking subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to customers. You will help customers and partners understand Google Cloud, explain technical features, help customers design architectures, and solve problems. In this role, you will bring expertise in networking protocols and design load balancing, content deliver network (CDN), hybrid-cloud, and domain name system (DNS) architectures. You will engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, and present useful solutions on Google Cloud.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Make recommendations on the integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure needed to implement a complete solution providing advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- Support technical relationships with customers, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include whiteboard and presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and request for information (RFI) response documents.
- Support local Sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities and engage customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?