Cellular Systems Engineer, Google Pixel
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working in cellular wireless (i.e., LTE or 5G NR) or WiFi (i.e., 802.11ac or 802.11ax).
- Experience using wireless test equipment (i.e. LTE callbox) in a lab environment and log analysis, including test automation.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in LTE and 5G NR.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of hardware and software engineers to launch wireless solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of wireless communication standards (i.e., L1, L2, and L3) and implementation (i.e., 5G NR, LTE, 802.11ax, or 802.11ac).
- Ability to develop detailed system architecture design documentation.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
About the job
As a Cellular Systems Engineer, you will collaborate with engineers from across Google to design and execute on design goals for the Pixel phones. You will drive verification across the entire product portfolio, define and execute test cases, and optimize performance.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $119,000-$175,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Define, develop, and utilize tools, scripts, and tests for optimizing/debugging cellular performance.
- Derive new system algorithms for smart phone radio performance and power optimization.
- Propose and drive implementation of innovative optimization features across hardware and software.
- Partner with cross-functional hardware, software, and systems teams to define/architect cellular products and system-level specifications.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?