Test Engineer, Android, Pixel Power
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience with consumer electronic system integration test strategy development and execution with test automation development in Python or Java.
- Experience with connectivity protocols for validating system power, performance and thermals.
- Experience with system power, system performance and thermals.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 2 years of relevant experience, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience setting up Continuous integration (CI) tests on embedded systems such as power, thermals, performance.
- Knowledge of systems design and embedded systems.
- Experience building automation testbeds for testing embedded devices with iOS and Android.
- Experience with connectivity technologies such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc.
- Experience with modem connectivity testing and setting up test platforms.
About the job
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
In this role, you will drive the technical, test infrastructure and logistics strategy for Pixel core functionality and system health via platform power, thermals and system performance quality metrics. You will play a key role in delivering Pixel phones, wearables and hearable devices with exceptional software and hardware integrated quality. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams in multiple sites internationally, with a scope of end-to-end testing.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Design and develop scalable and reliable automated tests and frameworks for testing embedded hardware devices.
- Own a technical area of Pixel system power and performance testing and deliver automation solutions.
- Be able to troubleshoot Pixel hardware and software system related issues, identify the root cause and work proactively to prevent it.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to come up with optimal and creative solutions.
- Drive the implementation of advanced tools for improving Pixel and Wearables product quality.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?