DfM Engineer, PCB/PCBA, Devices & Services
Please visit this for the Vietnamese-translated version of this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of relevant work experience in PCBA manufacturing
- Experience in New Product Introduction (Process Engineering)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time internationally
- Experience in PCB/PCBA manufacturing processes including: rework processes (especially underfills), component footprint design rules, miniaturization, design and/or manufacturing analysis
- Experience in Design for Fabrication and Design for Assembly Analysis using Valor or Allegro
- Knowledge of PCBA and product level failure modes, and the ability to relate failure modes to process, material and design related stressors or expertise in writing scripts for automating DfM reviews
- Knowledge of surface mount assembly for flexible circuits including best practices for material or panelization experience
About the job
As a Design for Manufacturing (DfM) Engineer for Printed Circuit Board/Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCB/PCBA) on the Central Test Engineering team, you'll work from prototype to New Product Introduction (NPI) to commercialization of products. You will be the cornerstone of all PCB/PCBA New Product Introduction activities and will work with technical cross-functional teams in the development of new products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Support PCB/PCBA builds from concept to product launch, including build preparation, build reports, and issue resolution with both design and manufacturing partners.
- Identify and drive DfM and/or process improvements that reduce process cycle times and cost, while maintaining exceptional quality.
- Partner in development of new advanced technology processes to achieve miniaturization.
- Perform design analysis using applicable tools and processes.
- Support CAD Engineers to improve designs, quality, and reliability while keeping cost in check.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?