Pixel System Architect
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience with mobile phone hardware subsystems such as applications processor, cellular modem, graphics, multimedia, display, memory, and WiFi
- 5 years of experience in one or more areas in general-purpose compute, hardware acceleration, memory, imaging, and multimedia pipelines
- PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Experience driving system architecture activities, including definition and productization for consumer electronics devices in projects with cross-functional partners
- Knowledge of mobile device software architectures
- Ability to profile systems and prototype proposals for optimizations
About the job
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices and Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices and Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $166,000-$254,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Hardware, Software, and Systems teams to define and develop system-level performance models, goals, and estimates.
- Develop use case flows and workload models for various usage scenarios and perform trade-off analysis and optimizations.
- Document system architecture specifications that map how user experiences are delivered by the underlying systems and components.
- Leverage system analysis to drive optimizations in relevant subsystems such as SoCs, including documenting requirements with justification.
- Define modeling methodology working with partner teams and provide projections at relevant points in the Pixel Product development process to help inform various product, architecture, and component decisions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?