Data Center Strategic Negotiator, Portfolio Manager
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- 5 years of experience in industrial-scale real estate evaluation, site selection, acquisition, and development.
- Experience managing utility agreements and energy-related issues.
- Experience in financial modeling.
- Experience in indirect taxes, economic development policy, infrastructure development, agreement drafting, and presentation development.
- Experience with data center real estate markets.
- Experience with industrial scale power transmission and distribution, telecommunications infrastructure, and electrical and cooling technology.
- Ability to propose commercially and technically creative solutions.
- Ability to work in ambiguous, collaborative, and fast-paced environments.
About the job
The Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure and maintain infrastructure for Google's future, everything from real estate due diligence to industrial-scale infrastructure development.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $114,000-$167,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work with internal and external technical teams to identify, define, and pursue site expansion projects and initiatives necessary to meet Google's ongoing data center needs, including the procurement of infrastructure for existing and new sites.
- Lead the development of strategic agreements with vendors, landowners, and key suppliers for space and utility services.
- Manage the strategy for ongoing growth at existing sites.
- Foster an open and inclusive workplace for your colleagues in day-to-day interactions and conversations.
- Develop metrics for mapping and tracking, and lead a broad range of portfolio management issues regarding site/infrastructure development.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?