Materials Engineer, Adhesives
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Polymer Science, Plastics Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with adhesives in engineering design and mass-manufacturing (consumer electronics products, automotive or other).
- Experience collaborating with Product Design and Manufacturing Design teams on material selection, design feasibility.
- Master's degree in Materials Science, Polymer Science, Plastics Engineering or a related field.
- 3 years of industry experience with adhesives.
- Experience with organic adhesives formulations, fundamental failure analysis methodology to derive a root cause of failure.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time as needed.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
About the job
In this role, you will use your creativity and diverse range of engineering experience to explore solutions to a variety of engineering problems. You will participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new concepts. You will work in a manufacturing and product oriented development environment and collaborate with vendors and outside sources to see parts through to manufacture.
- Create and develop the adhesives roadmap that enables future design and product development, in close cooperation with industrial designers, product designers as well as manufacturing partners.
- Engage with global adhesives suppliers on multiple projects at once, ensure material Design of Experiments (DoEs) are carried out, root cause analysis, formulation of new polymers, researching new materials, analyze test results and help select the best material for an application.
- Travel to manufacturing factories to provide on-site support for project trials and builds.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?