CPU Design Verification Engineer, Devices and Services, Silicon
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Poughkeepsie, NY, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in functional verification, performance validation, developing test plans and diagnostic codes of modern processors.
- Experience with processor microarchitecture.
- Master’s Degree degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with UVM, SystemVerilog or other scripting languages such as python, perl, shell, bash etc.
- Knowledge of general purpose operating systems such as Linux and Android.
- Familiarity with ARM Instruction Set Architecture.
About the job
As a CPU Silicon Engineer focusing on Design Verification you will own functional verification for part of a CPU design. You will develop functional verification infrastructure and for some roles write diagnostic codes to ensure functional correctness of a design. You will use CPU and ISA domain knowledge as well as design specifications to develop test plans for functional units and subsystems. You will work closely with front end design, architecture, and performance teams to ensure architectural compliance, functional correctness, as well as meeting IPC performance goals. You will analyze coverage from various dimensions and develop monitors and checkers for better quality assurance.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $146,000-$220,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design verification for future CPU developments.
- Build functional verification infrastructure. The infrastructure will include unit, multi-unit, core, and subsystem level verification environments.
- Produce diagnostic code repositories that sufficiently enable production of quality CPUs.
- Lead functional verification and performance validation for both pre-silicon and post-silicon.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?