Senior Finance Analyst, Public Sector
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, accounting, finance, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in financial or analytical in public sector, investment banking/financial services, management consulting, Fortune 500, or technology company.
- Experience in the Public Sector
- Top Secret US Government Security clearance
- Experience in using SQL to extract and manipulate data, building reporting dashboards
- Experience in financial planning and modeling
- Ability to cultivate cross-functional relationships and work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to self-start and self-direct operational initiatives, and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive management
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
In this role you will be responsible for driving key elements of Financial Planning and Analysis engine (deep insights and hypothesis testing, forecasting, planning , resource management, investments across the Google Public Sector business. Key cross-entity project work and strong cross Cloud collaboration will be included.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop a wide variety of reporting, Analytic tools and key performance indicators (KPIs) and to construct an understanding of how Public Sector P&L is impacted by business and Financial drivers.
- Work with data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying investigative methods as needed to develop easy to understand financial models with multiple scenarios for evaluating agreements and decisions.
- Partner with Business and Finance stakeholders on overall P&L management, investment, ROI.
- Create relevant dashboards, financial reports and operational KPIs to guide business decisions and inform on performance of programs and agreements. Using Google data structures and metrics advocating for change where needed.
- Create and deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders, through visual displays of quantitative information/insights.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?