Senior Staff CPU Architect
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Poughkeepsie, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, focusing on Computer Architecture, or equivalent practical experience.
- 18 years of experience with high-performance microprocessor architecture, micro-architecture, performance, and design.
- Experience in computer architectures and operating systems insight.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, focusing on computer architecture.
- Experience in performance modeling, performance analysis, and workload characterization.
- Knowledge of Android system software components.
- Familiar with ARM architecture including all extensions.
- Proven track record in microarchitecture innovation.
About the job
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $216,000-$317,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Work with executive engineers and management to define projects that align with the Google CPU business goals.
- Work with the Performance team to define performance analysis tasks to evaluate the micro-architecture concepts.
- Collaborate with Design teams in PPA (Performance, Power, Area) trade-off analysis for new micro-architecture features.
- Communicate ideas and performance/PPA results in both qualitative and quantitative fashion to support major decisions.
- Guide micro-architects to develop and assess innovative CPU micro-architecture ideas.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?