Firmware Engineer, Pixel Mobile Wireless
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in wireless communications, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in developing and shipping cellular products.
- Experience leading internal/external technical discussions.
- Experience with PHY signal processing, cellular use cases, resource control, and implementation at the modem/device level.
- PhD in wireless communications.
- Experience with algorithm design and system analysis on new cellular features such as general 3GPP Rel-17 power saving, NTN, and coverage/positioning enhancements.
- Understanding of general PHY signal processing concepts such as time domain processing, estimation, detection, and demodulation, cellular use cases including SA/NRDC and 5G+5G DSDS, resource control such as RRM, modem/RF sleep/wakeup control, dynamic voltage frequency scaling, and fast dormancy, and knowledge on how these are implemented at the modem/device level.
About the job
Our Pixel Mobile Wireless team is building innovative mobile wireless software for the Pixel product family. Our mission is to build a stable, reliable, low-latency and high throughput mobile wireless communication and connectivity system with Google innovative technologies on Google products.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Work with the Pixel mobile wireless division's functional leads on modem L1/PHY algorithm development and optimization.
- Contribute to RF, L1, PHY design optimization, from early feature enablement and verification, through algorithm tuning and optimization.
- Bridge the technical gaps between teams in different locations and promote technical collaborations.
- Closely work with local vendors and solution providers to lead technical discussions on modem algorithms and to minimize turnaround time.
- Help manage the technical risks and make high level technical decisions with technical leads.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?