Technical Manager, Firmware Engineering, Pixel Mobile Wireless
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Communications, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience leading projects through the full software development lifecycle.
- Experience in one or more of the following languages (e.g., C, C++, Python).
- Familiarity of wireless communication and its challenges.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, you will help boost Pixel mobile wireless with excellent software solutions.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Design, innovate, implement, and test software features for modem systems, factory calibration, and test systems.
- Develop embedded software frameworks maximizing leverage and scalability across products.
- Create system and developer tools for optimizing performance. Build automated regression test systems to validate features and measure system performance.
- Bridge the technical gaps between teams and promote technical collaborations.
- Work with other cross-functional teams to understand requirements and meet compliance/conformance metrics.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?