Senior UX Writer and Content Designer, Fitbit
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Warsaw, Poland.
Remote location(s): Poland.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Literature, Business, Marketing, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with UX-focused product writing and shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects.
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Experience establishing frameworks, content patterns, and voice and tone guidelines.
- Experience with information architecture and content hierarchy.
- Experience with leadership and influence across geographically distributed teams (e.g., United States, Europe).
- Ability to maintain a user-centered focus while working within regulatory constraints and experience working as an equal partner and thought leader with Clinical and Legal.
- Ability to formulate a roadmap for yourself and other writers to deliver work even based on incomplete information.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX Writers use their gift for language to design intuitive, delightful product experiences that help people accomplish their goals.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a UX Writer, you’ll regularly use craft, empathy, logic, and data to inform writing and design choices. You’ll drive guidelines, create frameworks, design solutions, influence product vision, manage cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to set goals. You’ll apply user-centered design methods to all elements of product design, with a focus on clarity, coherence, quality, accessibility, and global relevance. You’ll partner with teams to concept, test, design, and deliver human-centered user experiences and build products that are distinctively Google: inclusive, helpful, useful, and trusted.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Lead writing and content design for a strategic area of Fitbit, looking beyond words to shape products and experiences holistically.
- Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and principles.
- Manage projects from needs assessment to implementation. Identify opportunities, establish priorities, define resources, and manage stakeholders.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers. Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to other UX writers and educate cross-functional partners on the role of UX writing and content design throughout the product development process.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?