Pre-Doctoral Researcher, University Graduate (Fixed-Term Contract) 2023 Start
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume. Please make sure also to include the following in it, all consolidated in a single PDF:
Research work: Projects, Publications, Research experience and References (if any)
Statement of purpose (no more than 500 words), detailing reasons for your interest in the Pre-doctoral Researcher role.
In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English. Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending/Graduated” to upload a transcript.
If you think this role interests you , please apply to this role on or before 5th May 2023.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, C/C++, Java, etc.
- Research experience in machine learning or AI techniques (e.g., open source project, campus lab experience, research internship, publication, etc.).
- Master’s degree in a STEM field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) or a related field.
- Ability to work and collaborate across multiple teams and work with ambiguity.
About the job
This Researcher role is a 24-month role designed to give you experience working on challenging problems together with Google Research scientists and engineers in India before pursuing (or making a decision on pursuing) doctoral research.
As a Researcher, you will collaborate with researchers, scientists, and engineers at Google Research working on fundamental research and applied problems in a wide range of areas in Computing. You will have a wide range of opportunities from conducting fundamental research to contributing to products and services and conducting research that contributes to human-centered AI and catalyzes AI for Social Good. We encourage our Researchers to publish their work externally.
Google Research addresses challenges that define the technology of today and tomorrow. From conducting fundamental research to influencing product development, our research teams have the opportunity to impact technology used by billions of people every day.
Our teams aspire to make discoveries that impact everyone, and core to our approach is sharing our research and tools to fuel progress in the field -- we publish regularly in academic journals, release projects as open source, and apply research to Google products.
- Work with research mentors to formulate research projects or applications of machine learning.
- Conduct research and publish it.
- Implement algorithms, experiments, or human-computer interfaces using frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow).
- Learn and understand research in machine learning algorithms.
- Understand how to use research to drive design decisions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?