Module Engineering Project Specialist, Google Pixel
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in new hardware development.
- Experience with module (ie., camera, display, speaker or sensor) or system development, build and execution.
- Experience with hardware development and manufacturing processes, vendor relations, and working with Module Integrators (MIs) in Asia.
- Understanding of hardware bill of material (BOM) structures and change control concepts.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize when working on multiple tasks/projects.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to manage complex spreadsheets and coordinate across cross-functional team and job functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and investigative skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will be a key member of the engineering team partnering with Google Product and Engineering Program Management to bring new hardware products to production. You will ensure that engineering requirements are captured and built into configurations throughout development. You will thrive in the fast paced and time sensitive environment of new hardware development, and will offer flexibility and organization within the chaos.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Travel internationally to support hardware development builds and manage module labeling and build documentations.
- Manage the New Product Introduction (NPI) module Build Matrix (module configuration decoder),tracking material readiness, engineering parallel paths and investigations, and module configurations.
- Lead a weekly build readiness meeting with the Module Integrator (MI) team and provide training to MI partners on EPS related deliverables (how to read build matrix, allocation/shipment planning and applicable build matrix database training).
- Manage module allocation database, provide allocation direction, track delivery schedules, ensure timely distribution to all product groups, and update module tracking tool.
- Develop PO (Purchase Order) creation, communicate with Google and MI finance teams, invoice review, and final Invoice approval.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?