Audio Architect, Systems Architecture, Silicon
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in silicon architecture and digital design for production silicon.
- 5 years of experience in driving audio, always-on silicon requirements, architectures, and roadmaps for low power applications.
- Experience architecting ambient or always on hardware and workflows for ultra low power mobile/IoT SoC applications.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally with Product Management, SoC architecture, IP design and verification, Machine Learning algorithm, and Software Driver teams.
- Understanding of digital signal processing, audio speaker/microphone interfaces, and low power designs.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As a member of the System Architecture team, you will contribute expertise in architecting system level hardware and software co-design solutions for audio, ambient compute, and machine learning user experiences on an SoC. You'll work cross-functionally with many teams across Google and drive user experiences.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Collaborate with Google Research and Product Management teams to define the product roadmap for audio, ambient compute, and machine learning user experiences on a SoC for a variety of Google devices.
- Create cost/benefit analysis, make tradeoffs between general purpose, custom compute mechanisms, and model data flow inside SoCs.
- Collaborate on the architecture and work streams for user experiences with Google Research, Product Management, SoC Architecture, Audio IP Architecture, SoC Power and Performance, Security, Software App and Driver, and Design and Verification Implementation teams.
- Develop the system level architecture and work streams for these users experiences from concept through to product launch.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?