Test Engineer, Global Manufacturing Engineering
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in ICT related works in manufacturing facilities for electrical system production.
- Experience in Agilent 3070 or similar in-circuit testing.
- Experience in working as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on structural tests such as flying probe, Manufacturing Defect Analysis (MDA), or ICT domains.
- Experience developing or integrating manufacturing test hardware using custom electronics, fixturing, and instrumentation.
- Experience in PCBA CM/ODM on test programs, methodology, and hardware infrastructure.
- Experience in MDA or ICT test program development or understanding test methodology by reading through the test program.
- Ability to generate product-specific test plans and execute testing accordingly.
About the job
As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for continuous improvements and optimizations to sustain the In-Circuit Testing (ICT) in an effective and efficient way in manufacturing. Besides, you will be invited to participate in the Design for Testing (DFT) review during New Product Introduction (NPI) early phases to optimize the layout or fixture design for maximizing test coverage.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Deploy structural test solutions or changes at manufacturing partners' locations within schedule.
- Monitor the First Pass Yield (FPY) and fixture performance. Drive improvements to meet Google’s goal constantly.
- Analyze, root cause, and mitigate the manufacturing test issues and field escapes with preventive measures.
- Govern the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), plan and result of fixture maintenance. Optimize the test spare usage and cost to sustain Google’s manufacturing need.
- Collaborate with Contract Manufacturer (CM)/Original Device Manufacturing (ODM) to drive a fast approach of the fixtures readiness to fulfill the product ramp requests.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?