Network Engineer, Google Distributed Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Experience with networking technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, EVPN, VXLAN, Multicast, ISIS/OSPF, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, 802.1x).
- Experience with Go, or Python.
- Experience with metrics, forecasting, planning, and developing organizational roadmaps and direction.
- Experience configuring data center and service provider routers, switches, firewalls.
- Experience in high volume, high availability network technologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines.
About the job
In this role, you will collaborate with Network Automation Engineers and see the designs from start-to-finish ensuring that designs arrive fully supported, validated, and observable. You will work closely in delivering network designs that connect private kubernetes clusters to the data center, and then, those data centers securely to the world.
- Execute end-to-end tasks that are integrated into projects with minimal assistance from executive team members.
- Contribute to the engineering design, solution development, and functional and requirement analysis related to planning, design, installation, and implementation of Google Distributed Cloud Hosted (GDCH) infrastructure.
- Plan and execute prioritized project work including selecting appropriate methods to achieve project objectives.
- Update the operational requirements to adopt new technology into operations (e.g., Software-Defined Networking (SDN)), in collaboration with engineering, architecture, and developers.
- Develop software that improves the velocity, performance, manageability and observability of Google network systems.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?