Cloud Data Engineer, Professional Services, Google Cloud
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
(For Mexico applicants only) Only applications of candidates with Mexican citizenship will be evaluated for this role in compliance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Federal Labor Law.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Buenos Aires, Argentina; Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico; Santiago, Chile; São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with data processing software.
- 3 years of experience managing client-facing projects, troubleshooting technical issues, working with Engineering, Sales, or Services.
- 3 years of experience in coding languages such as Java, Python, Scala, or Go
- Experience working with data warehouses, technical data architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytic tools.
- Experience architecting, developing software, or internet scale production-grade solutions in virtualized environments.
- Experience in building multi-tier high availability applications (e.g., NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.).
- Experience working with information retrieval or machine learning.
- Experience in technical consulting.
About the job
As a Technical Solutions Consultant, you will be responsible for the technical relationship of our largest advertising clients and/or product partners. You will lead cross-functional teams in Engineering, Sales and Product Management to leverage emerging technologies for our external clients/partners. From concept design and testing to data analysis and support, you will oversee the technical execution and business operations of Google's online advertising platforms and/or product partnerships.
You will be able to balance business and partner needs with technical constraints, develop innovative, cutting edge solutions and act as a partner and consultant to those you are working with. You will also be able to build tools and automate products, oversee the technical execution and business operations of Google's partnerships, as well as develop product strategy and prioritize projects and resources.
In this role, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes using technology to connect with customers, employees, and partners. As a Data Engineer, you'll guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze, and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform. You will work on data migrations and transformational projects, and with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and troubleshoot potential platform challenges. In this role, you will be working with Google's strategic Cloud customers, and with the team you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Drive the capturing, developing, and sharing of best practices internally and externally to accelerate implementations.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve their challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- Travel 30% of the time as necessary.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.