System Validation Hardware Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience with consumer product development processes for product design, validation, and manufacturing.
- 4 years of experience with software development in test framework or in embedded software.
- 4 years of experience with modern programming and scripting languages.
- Experience in factory bring-up, triage, and deriving Design of Experiments.
- Experience deriving Design of Experiments (DOEs) and statistical analysis for categorizing and capturing improvement/regression.
- Experience collaborating with SoC and subsystem teams on feature definition, bring-up, characterization, stress test, and regression.
- Experience defining concurrency workloads, developing test plans, designing test infrastructure and creating software test framework for SoC test, Coex, or power management.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams to deliver quality consumer products with exceptional user experience.
About the job
As a System Validation Hardware Engineer, you will help deliver high quality mobile platforms centered around Google custom silicon and technologies. We work end-to-end to define, architect, design, implement, and validate the core hardware which powers Google’s line of Pixel products through close partnerships throughout the organization including product management, silicon, technology, product hardware, manufacturing, and quality teams. Our team is made up of diverse skill sets including Hardware/Platform/architecture, power architecture, implementation and design, signal/power integrity, and validation.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $141,000-$212,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop validation strategies and plans, and execute electrical/system-level validation to catch and fix design issues through build cycles to improve the overall product quality and meet launch schedule.
- Develop integrated solutions to resolve the system-level issues (e.g., Peak Power Management, SoC throttling policies and SoC/hardware stability issues in a form factor and low power device).
- Establish lab and factory test capabilities which include test plan, automation, test fixture/station, failure analysis, yield tracking, and test cycle optimization.
- Drive the innovative validation/test solutions for adopting new technologies into Google products to improve test coverage/efficiency.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?