Partner Engineer, Public Sector, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working as a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a customer or partner-facing role.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time as required.
- Experience with data and information management and how it relates to big data trends and challenges within businesses, and in using or managing databases.
- Experience working with Linux, software lifecycle, build tools, and architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Knowledge of enterprise networking, identity management systems, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and industry concepts.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Partner Engineer, you will help drive awareness of our solutions at leading industry conferences and Google events to help our partners to understand the benefits of Google Cloud, and how it can drive business growth and customer success.
You'll become a trusted advisor to our partners and prospects assisting them them get as much value out of our platform as possible. Sales Engineers should be an ally to the Partner Manager in every situation. You will ensure that customer and partner success remains paramount.
From startups building their first app to billion-user consumer companies crunching big data, the Google Cloud Platform gives developers and businesses the most advanced data and analytics solution on the market, along with Google's secure, high performance infrastructure. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Work with Partner Managers to identify and recruit partners in the market that can deliver innovative solutions to our customers, built on top of Google Cloud (Google Cloud Platform and G Workplace).
- Develop our partners’ technical teams with both sales and technical competencies, so that they can be successful in the market.
- Keep partners up-to-date with product and technical knowledge and market differentiators. Advise on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution.
- Work with partner technical representatives in opportunities and projects, complementing their skill and guaranteeing high quality customer deliverables.
- Act as a technical advocate within Google for our partners in order to help provide feedback from the field, as well as to present on their behalf.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?