Hardware Integrity Engineering Lead, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in consumer electronics/embedded system design engineering, including CPU/SoC, memory, high speed communication interfaces, low speed busses or power supplies.
- Experience leading consumer electronics product development.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, Power Engineering, or related technical field.
- 8 years of experience in consumer electronics system design engineering, including CPU/SoC, memory, high speed communication interfaces, low speed busses and/or power supplies.
- Experience managing OEM/ODM/JDM/CM partners and working with CPU/chipset, memory vendors.
- Experience in signal/power integrity simulation or lab correlation in both frequency and time domain. Software programming for test automation and validation script development.
- Understanding of the entire product development process for mass-volume production design, with focus on design for manufacturing and design for test.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
As Hardware Integrity Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for consumer hardware product excellence by leading system-level design validation and performance optimization. You will contribute experience in hardware system design and verification and knowledge of overall system architecture of consumer electronics products. Additionally, you will define hardware system quality and validation strategy for new products in high-speed interfaces, signal/power integrity, system integration, user experience, etc.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally with electrical, power, sensor, radio frequency (RF), battery, audio, software engineers, contract manufacturers (CMs), compliance engineers, and manufacturing engineers to deliver products from concept to mass production. You will educate/train hardware test engineers and review/communicate the results of their work with the system design engineers.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration in executing validation plans, troubleshooting issues, and documenting results.
- Develop comprehensive system level validation plans for the hardware ecosystem. Lead complete functional verification, signal characterization, power delivery and system interoperability testing.
- Lead contract manufacturing partners and suppliers on transitioning products from concept to mass production and collaborate with engineering teams on system bring-up, design verification, troubleshooting, failure analysis, and optimization to enhance system performance and product quality.
- Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design and review, PCB layout, and overall system integration).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?