Manufacturing Engineer, Fitbit
Please visit this posting for the English-translated version of this available role.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of Manufacturing Engineering Experience.
- Experience with tool and fixture design and, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experience with CREO, ANSYS, or Solidworks.
- High-volume and high-precision consumer electronics experience.
- Experience with robotic manipulators, vision systems, and material handling systems.
- Working knowledge of Design of Experiments, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, and Statistical Process Control techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing with adhesives, glues, jigs, fixtures or tooling.
- Knowledge of and ability to create tolerance stack ups for assemblies and part level.
- Basic understanding of JMP or Minitab.
About the job
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
As a Manufacturing Engineer in the Fitbit Operations team, you will be responsible for taking Fitbit products through various stages of New Product Introduction (NPI) development by working cross-functionally across multiple teams. In addition to early involvement with the product design team on Design for Manufacturability, you will also be evaluating manufacturing processes and applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, and conferring with equipment vendors.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop manufacturing processes by identifying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment, and conferring with equipment vendors.
- Prepare product, process, and yield reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Establish and confirm manufacturing processes standards, and implement and initiate change control processes.
- Be involved in product definition and architecture selection, in collaboration with design and identification teams, through early design for automation engagement.
- Maintain and improve product and process quality by writing process control, contributing DFx for new design, and monitoring product yields through the NPI builds and production, initiating controls where necessary.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?