Formal Design Verification Engineer, Machine Learning
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with SystemVerilog and SystemVerilog Assertion.
- Experience with formal verification.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with verification of AI accelerator, CPU, GPU or other large ASIC systems.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python/Perl and TCL.
- Experience with formal sign-offs of industry ASIC designs.
- Knowledge of formal verification applications such as datapath verification, equivalence checking, and connectivity checking.
- Understanding of formal methodology and formal abstraction techniques.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
In this role, you will perform formal verification of design properties of complex ASIC designs. You will collaborate closely with design and verification engineers to define meaningful properties that capture the design intent of a logic block and constraints on its input stimulus. You will also help define and improve design and verification methodologies that allow you to achieve formal verification closure. You will interact with multiple design teams.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Create formal verification test plans and implement formal models and properties to verify complex digital design blocks, collaborate with the design team to analyze and improve design specifications.
- Utilize formal model checking tools combined with formal closure techniques to achieve formal verification sign-offs.
- Architect and implement reusable formal verification components.
- Drive improvements to methodologies and flows to improve formal verification quality and efficiency.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?