Product Quality Engineer
Please visit this posting for the Vietnamese-translated version of this available role.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Product Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in product quality development
and/or manufacturing engineering within mobile or consumer electronics
- Experience in Product Quality Control System, Six Sigma, JMP, tolerance study, and cosmetic criteria/inspections.
- Experience in consumer electronics/electromechanical product assembly and inspection/test process development.
- Experience preventing quality loss in the early stage of manufacturing, implementing quality escalation processes, and on-going product improvement with Contract Manufacturer (CM) partners.
- Experience in Mechanical and Electrical Design For Quality (DFQ), Design for Excellence (DFX), Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Test (DFT), and Design for Reliability (DFR).
- Experience in Surface-Mount Technology (SMT), printed circuit board assembly and system assembly, or sub-assembly manufacturing processes with fixture design and implementation.
- Experience with gauge metrology for Cp/Cpk (Process Capability Analysis), FAI, equipment gauge repeatability and reproducibility.
About the job
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Plan and execute Pixel product quality management from end-to-end in the factory.
- Manage and address factory quality issue escalation, Failure Analysis (FA), root cause and corrective action from First Article Inspection (FAI), Outgoing Quality Control (OQC), Ongoing Reliability Testing (ORT), yield fallouts and field failures, during New Product Introduction (NPI)/Material Planning (MP) phases with technical expertise and problem-solving methods.
- Ensure product quality levels are maintained or improved through the various change management activities during the product lifecycle.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop, qualify and implement the measurement/inspection/test system to ensure the compliance to design cosmetic and functional specifications.
- Drive problem-solving efforts to closure, with focus teams in development and mass production.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?