Senior Director, Engineering, YouTube Search
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of professional experience in engineering or software development.
- Experience leading globally distributed teams.
- Technical experience in front-end and back-end consumer software development.
- Experience building infrastructure or personalization platforms at scale.
- Experience in the domain and with engineering insights to drive technical programs and vision for complex and search/discovery solutions.
- Experience in setting technical strategy and ensuring high-quality execution, technical depth to uncover root causes of complex problems and provide guidance on solving them.
- Experience with organizational leadership, and the ability to collaborate with and influence across boundaries with internal partner engineering teams.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to recruit and develop talent/teams globally.
About the job
The YouTube Main App team is responsible for YouTube Search, Discovery, Knowledge, Main App, and Kids engineering. This team focuses on the core experiences that YouTube delivers for people as they open the app, look for content, and seek experiences like learning and kids-friendly formats. The close partnership between engineering, program management, design, and business functions are critical to these features’ success.
The YouTube Search team is a team responsible for engineering the search, discovery, and learning experiences for people who use YouTube. The full-stack engineering team develops and deploys machine learning, data processing, back-end infrastructure and front-end client development to support its mission.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $316,000-$469,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop technical strategies to advance work in personalization, infrastructure, and product development for YouTube’s search products.
- Partner with Product, Design, Policy, Legal, and other Google teams to create, drive, and deliver an innovative, compelling experience for all YouTube users.
- Work with partner teams across YouTube and Google to support product innovation needs and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and grow talent through effective mentoring and succession planning and retention strategies.
- Drive and lead the software development efforts by continuing to direct architecture selection, software design, and execution to develop systems, infrastructure, and tools at YouTube scale and breadth.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?