Software Engineer, Pixel Touch and Haptics
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan; Zhubei, Zhubei City, Hsinchu County, Taiwan.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience in C++ or C .
- Experience in embedded system, driver development in multimedia, touch, or display.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant technical field.
- Experience in linux kernel development.
- Experience in low level driver development.
- Thorough understanding of Android Framework.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Pixel System software team builds features and Google software experiences on Pixel devices. Our team is responsible for delivering premium quality touch and haptics experience for Pixel users. We work on cutting edge technologies, from driver development to architecture and design of the framework. We collaborate closely with the Research team, Hardware team, and Android framework team to create innovative touch and haptics features that enrich human device interaction on Pixel devices.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams (Hardware/Android/Research) and vendors to create the best touch and haptics experiences for the next generation of Pixel devices.
- Develop and bring-up touch and haptics functionalities and features for new pixel devices.
- Diagnose and debug issues reported by test teams and internal users.
- Create tools and utilities to expand automated test coverage and in-field monitoring.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?