Software Test Engineer, FitbitOS Release Testing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging.
- Experience in processing data from various sources Relational Databases, Bigquery, Snowflake, Files of various formats.
- Experience in Java, Python, SQL.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in building testing frameworks, tools and automation, end-to-end testing, production testing, system integration testing, and designing or developing in Python or Java.
- Ability to independently lead a test development project, including task planning and code reviews and working with software and hardware.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Domain expertise in any of those areas: embedded systems, firmware, operating systems, OTA updates.
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their goals. The team’s mission is to lead all release test activities and initiatives, build test strategies for releases and platform features, and define processes and flows that improve overall quality. We are responsible for building health and CI/CD activities, by running the smoke test suite for all features on 6 products, triaging test automation runs, and increasing test coverage. In addition to release activities, the team is also responsible for testing and maintaining software platform features such as: peripheral drivers, sensors, file systems, encryption, security features, and other OS-level features.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Own a technical area and define the test framework, test preconditions, and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality.
- Develop scalable and reliable automated tests and frameworks at the component and integration testing levels, using both emulated and physical hardware.
- Analyze product and operations performance within the scope of predefined, well-structured projects by using a variety of key business metrics.
- Produce sound analytical work and verify outputs. Consult with other analysts as needed, and conduct test plan reviews with other engineers.
- Develop test plans based on Product Excellence/test strategy for both system and user level. Utilize and/or develop automation tools or scripts to improve product and engineering health.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?