Software Test Engineer, Fitbit Activity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging.
- Experience developing automated internal frameworks or testing effectiveness.
- Experience in Java, Python, C++, or Go.
- Experience in at least one of the following: developer tooling and infrastructure, building tools and testing frameworks, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging.
- Experience with coding in Java, Kotlin, Swift, Espresso, UiAutomator.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their goals. As a Software Test Engineer, you will advocate for the quality of features in the development pipeline, defining comprehensive test strategies, designing automated test cases to exercise the integrations between various systems, developing test automation frameworks, and implementing automated tests. You will work closely with product managers, developers, and other software test engineers in order to ensure the features we deliver to customers have a high level of quality, correctly balancing test engineering tasks with product deadlines.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Contribute to the development tooling and metrics to increase Activity team release velocity and quality.
- Define best practices for Software Engineers on framework usage, debugging, test design, and test analysis.
- Implement systems to detect regressions and improve test stability.
- Improve existing test infrastructure or creating new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development for Activity developers.
- Create and implement test strategies by working with development teams to identify risk areas and fill the testing gaps.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?